As individuals across the world make great strides to preserve our planet and increase consumer awareness for environmentally responsible initiatives, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) is excited to offer the world’s largest and most credible green certification program for pest management professionals – GreenPro.
The GreenPro certification means that your pest management provider must comply with a multitude of qualifications to ensure that you receive a safe and effective service each time they arrive at your door.
GreenPro is the most widely recognized certification available to companies in the pest management industry.
- It has the most comprehensive standards of any available program.
- Requires companies that participate to submit to independent audits.
- Service technicians, salespersons and managers must be trained, tested and recertified.
In addition to green pest management service standards, participating companies are also evaluated on business operations, such as criminal background checks, reference checks, drug screening and more, prior to being able to participate in GreenPro.
What is green pest management?:
When hiring a GreenPro company for your pest management needs, understand that the technician sent to your account must meet tough standards to ensure that you receive an environmentally responsible service. This kind of service is frequently called integrated pest management (IPM), though GreenPro standards go beyond the requirements of traditional IPM. A GreenPro service includes:
- The company must first inspect and monitor the property.
- If the company finds a pest problem, it will first eliminate the sources of food, water and shelter that pests need to survive (for example, they may seal cracks, recommend the installation of screens or remove debris from the exterior of the building).
- If they need to use a pesticide, they will use products in a manner that minimizes any risk to people, pets or the environment.